Friday, February 03, 2006

Day 1, Singapore (The US Diaries - 1)

Its not exactly Day1... I'm right now at Singapore's Changi International Airport. Half of the journey to San Jose is done... I have a 7 hour stop over here. I'm at the Rainforest Lounge here.

My maiden international flight was a pleasent experience. An amazingly huge airplane (atleast 2.5 times the domestic ones), decent food and a great inflight entertainment system. That sums it all...

I spent most of my time (about 4 hrs flying time) watching a movie called "Just Like Heaven". A very cute and feel-good movie that i enjoyed (Reese Weatherspoon was good). The rest of the time, i saw the climax of "The Italian Job" which is like one of my favourite movies.

Having done that i was resting with my head on a pillow and playing a Country & Progressive Radio Station, gazing out of the window... And lo, what do i see? "The Great Bear" is right outside my window, following my path... I felt as if i was sailing among the stars (I kinda was).

Singapore Airport is great.. vast, colorful and exciting, even at 03:00. Went on clicking photos all over the place and walked as much as i could (this place is huge... one terminal to another is like a 20 minute walk, even with escalators & travellators).

Really lloking forward for the trip, the only sad part is that i will really miss Lanka's Birthday and the Bryan Adams Concert in Bangalore. But equally excited about the conference and its repercusions on my career.

For now, looking forward for the SPR - LA flight at 09:20(time is 05:00 here in Singapore). Its Bye for now...

1 comment:

anuprakash said...

Enjoy your trip...