Thursday, June 01, 2006

Monsoon (and) Wedding

Away from all the din and pollution of Bangalore, I had a nice relaxing vacation at home in Trivandrum. With Monsoon's raging with all its fury, it felt awsome to be back where I grew up.

Cant describe the feeling
(Taken from our apartment)


See it for your self

This time, the trip was great as a lot of my relatives had come down. My uncle from US, has relocated back and my cousin got married and is relocating to US. Uncle's made the most of the "Land of Opportunities" and is now back, while my cousin is trying to get a foot-hold in the crowd called America.

Children are so fun to be with, jumping on you, playing with anything that they can get their hands on. There was a whole bunch at my place and i really enjoyed watching and playing with them.
Cousin Army

Cutie Pie Nadya and my mom

My house was filled with my uncles, aunts, cousins and a lot of other people. Its always fun when there are a lot of people around you, eager to share the family spirit...

The Uncle Duo

My Mom with my aunts and my cousin

Then there was the visit by the newly weds, their party, where we met a regional language cine actor, that created quite a stir among the group.

Da Party

The group with cine actor Mukesh

My cousin's wife is from a different background and speaks a different language. A very beautiful and affable lady, but it was a bit of a comedy, seeing the others trying to converse to her, by trying to find a common ground or worse, a common language. The upside of this was that she cooked nice north indian "phulkas" for us and I had quite a feast...

The Happy Couple
(my cousin Vasanth and his wife Sudha)

Yummy !

No comments: